Sunday, November 1, 2015

Renew

Below is a poem I wrote awhile ago... I don't even remember when. Looking back on things I have written, like this, reminds me how far God continues to bring me. The growth I see through His work in my life is amazing. Thank You, Lord, for bringing me out of dark places.

Renew by Jennifer Lewis

Diminutive, unworthy, trapped
My weak form inches along
Failures in my mind recapped
Feelings of loss growing strong

Entertaining, bubbly, cute
Some people attempt to flatter
Yet in hot pursuit
The devil's hate makes me scatter

I realize depression now
Has gripped my heart with a vengeance
But Jesus' love still runs through me
My veins calling me to repentance

Of course an emotion rings
Life-giving, exemplary, true
God's creation bursts with color, sings
as I hope with a look to You

Lord Jesus, I need much more
Weeping on this old cloak
My patience ran long before
Through tears, my voice, I choke


No comments:

Post a Comment