Friday, April 20, 2012

His Dandelion




Looking through the lens, I captured the moment. As the wind lifted the seeds of the wishing flower into the air, the familiar click of the camera shutter sounded. There, in a split second, in less time than it takes to blink, a masterpiece.

The process:

When I think back to the beginning, when there was nothing, I cannot fathom God and all that He is and has done.

The earth, moon, stars, wind, animals, light… He created it all - in seven days, nonetheless.

Have you ever wondered how?

Well, what if, in a miniscule moment for Him, years, billions of our years pass?

Just like a photographer capturing the life of an animal or flower, God packs so much awe-inspiring beauty into such a minute span of time, seven days.

And yet, that’s not all.

Every human life, every tear, each smile, and all thought is known to Him. All that we are and can be is and has been known to Him since before there was ANYthing.

It is just incomprehensible.

The dandelion:

Do you ever think of yourself as an object? Maybe a plant?

Sometimes, I think of myself as a dandelion. I am a human, a sinful human. Like the dandelion weed that takes up space in lawns and parks, I take up space on this planet.

But, that isn’t all the dandelion and I are good for. When the Wind comes along, it sends our seeds out to take root and become a beautiful flower. God is the Wind for me. He teaches me through His Word how to spread my seeds to reach other people and so that, maybe, they might take root in someone else’s heart to create something beautiful.

I challenge you to be like the dandelion.

Maybe you aren’t perfect and the most admired flower, but you have the ability to plant a seed in people’s hearts.

Picture from:

http://simple-article10.blogspot.com/2010/10/that-amazing-weedthe-dandelion.html

No comments:

Post a Comment