Saturday, April 14, 2012

Out of Control

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." ~ 1 Peter 5:6-7


When I read this, there were no words to describe how much it resembled my life. I am constantly in a state of anxiety and fear. I never feel like I have everything under control. 


Wanna know why? It's because I don't.


No single person has everything under control, nor do any of us have anything under control. No matter how much work we put into plans, no matter how confident of a face we paste on, and no matter how much we try to convince ourselves of our management skills, it is all a lie. 


Do you really think that you do everything on your own? Who created you? Who heals you when you're sick? Who carries you through the stressful days? 


God. 


Logic does not answer these queries. God, the Lord, the Creator, our Saviour - He is the answer to everything.


God is the One, the only One, who has anything and everything under control. From when a plant is a tiny seed, to when it is too enormous of a tree for any human to fit his arms around, God is in control. God is constantly molding us and making us who we are today. There is never a time when He does not know the worries of your heart, the reason why you put on that fake smile to get through the day, or the pain you feel. He is all-knowing, all-powerful, the Alpha and the Omega.


We are called to humble ourselves before the Lord, because He has all of us in His palm. In one hand. We are all there, and He is the One who lifts us up when we need it. When you feel like the world is falling apart, HE is the one who comforts you and gives you the peace you need to carry on. 


When I am sitting here, thinking of the list of tasks that lay before me, He lifts me up in His hand and tells me that I don't have to worry anymore. I don't have to think about any of it because He has taken care of all I am and all I will be


Does that not amaze you? 


The next time you get that feeling in the pit of your stomach because you forgot to study for the math test, give it to the Lord, submit to Him everything that brings you pain and stress, even the things that bring you joy. He promises each and every one of us peace that surpasses all understanding. If you truly desire that, the surrender needs to start sometime. 


Why not today?

2 comments:

  1. Jen.

    Jesus loves you. That's great news.

    Here's something else:
    In the short time we've actually been talking, He's used you to speak incredible wisdom into my life. I'm suuuuuper grateful for that. You are a beautiful creation, Jen Lewis. :)

    For if He is for us, who can be against us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! ALSO! I claim the first comment on your blog. And the second. All I do is win! :D

    ReplyDelete